carnkie wedron village hall
 
A Village Hall facility for Carnkie, Wendron and the surrounding area.


calendar button

what's on button

news sheet button

bookings button

contacts button

 

The Village Hall

Situated as it is near the head of quiet lane at the heart of Carnkie Village in south west Cornwall, Carnkie Wendron Village Hall benefits from an almost traffic free location.

Currently the village hall is run by a dedicated committee whose aim is to provide a village hall facility for Carnkie, Wendron and its surrounding area.
The committee is always looking to expand and gain new members whatever your commitments or age.

The plot of land was donated on 1st June 1948 by Mr G S Martin. He donated the land for use as a men's institute in which the men of the village could relax when they came back from the war.

The Carnkie Women's Institute then took over the hall in 1957 for the use of the women of the village. The WI held the hall for many years until 2002 when the Carnkie Wendron Village Hall was formed with a committee of people from the villageand the Wendron area. The old building was renovated and updated for a more balanced purpose for all ages throughout the village. Following the renovation of the village hall the committee registered as a charity. (Charity No: 1101550)

The committee is always open to ideas for community use of the hall, such as to run Keep Fit, Slimming Club, Line Dancing, Flower arranging and Card making etc. In fact anything that some one would be prepared to teach or lead. Any offers please contact the Secretary.

 

This website has been sponsored and hosted by Wyenet Internet Services +44 (0)1989 762476